Has anyone done a surgiversary rite of passage, ceremony, etc

sonia8338
on 2/4/12 12:23 pm
Howdy, I am 10months out. As a celebration of my one year surgiversary, I am working on a rite of passage ritual marking the changes, etc. Has anyone done one? Any ideas? Thanks!
Peace and Love
Lisey is my Angel

mrsannie
on 2/4/12 8:43 pm
 Go shopping for new clothes!!!  That will make you smile!

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
sonia8338
on 2/5/12 4:54 pm
Lol, I Haaaate clothes shopping....We'll see if that changes with more weight loss 
Peace and Love
Lisey is my Angel

Pretty_Pearls_3114
on 2/4/12 9:06 pm
Hi Sonia....

I just celebrated my 1 year Surgiversary last month...I made sure to reward myself for all my hard work over the past year....some people do new clothes...some people have done a photo shoot...I went out and bought a new dress and went out for a nice dinner...I celebrated ME!!!  I would love to do a glamour shoot too...whatever you decide to do...Enjoy yourself ....you have deserved it!!!!! 
Pearla                    
sonia8338
on 2/5/12 4:55 pm
 CONGRATULATIONS!!!! 
Peace and Love
Lisey is my Angel

Sher Bear Mama
on 2/5/12 12:28 am
 I'm not sure if i have thought of an actual surgiversary ritual--but I know that for my one year surgiversary I'm definitely getting a new tattoo to commemorate the changes. I'll probably get something like a phoenix (out of the ashes).  But now you've got me thinking long-term.
Sher--the bear mama

sonia8338
on 2/5/12 5:03 pm
 The phoenix sounds nice. I want to write a ritual, and am looking for ideas. My thoughts so far have been - a mock battle with the shadow self (i.e. the part that remembers the self-loathing and the insults); honoring your tools - the measuring cup, the protein shakes, etc.; The law of rejection - i.e. getting rid of my fad diet books ( Barbeque anyone?); an a formal thanking of my support systems - friends, family, etc...

Let me know if you want to share ideas 

Peace and Love
Lisey is my Angel

J J the Jet Plane
on 2/5/12 6:33 am
I planning on a canoe float trip with friends and plenty of BBQ'd meats.

My good friend who had the sleeve got under the required weight limit and went on a zip line tour, and another friend jumped out of a plane.  I guess we are all kinda feeling brave.
JJ
sonia8338
on 2/5/12 5:04 pm
 Wow! U do have brave friends!!! BBQ meats sounds awsome!
Peace and Love
Lisey is my Angel

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/12 2:13 pm
I am getting a new tattoo.. I did a memorial tattoo when I lost my sister 5 yrs ago.. wanted to do something to celebrate my new life but ended up deciding to celebrate my "whole life" so design I chose is a cupcake with candles, on each candle is a date that is special to me, like the day I met my hubby, kids bday, wedding, ect.. leaving a few blank ones because my life isn't over yet and I will have more to add, it also has a banner that says "life is sweet"...  sweet bright and cheery :)
Most Active